Obtaining A ‘Live With’ Order For A Parent Living Abroad

The father obtained a ‘spend time with’ order in respect of his two children, whilst still living in England. The mother failed on occasions to comply with the order. The father then applied for a shared live with order. During the course of these court proceedings, the father moved abroad to a distant Hague Convention country. Kevin obtained findings of fact that the mother had breached the spend time with order and the court was persuaded to make a shared live with order in favour of the father, even though he was living abroad.