The Family Finance team at Becket Chambers specialises in matrimonial and family finance. We deal with all aspects of cases whether the assets are modest (ie solely the family home) or high value, involving multiple properties and assets, businesses and overseas property. Our barristers have considerable experience in dealing with injunctions to prevent property or assets being disposed of, cases where family businesses are involved, trusts, and circumstances where someone other than you and your spouse has (or claims to have) an interest in your property.
These cases naturally often involve our barristers in ensuring that there is sufficient financial provision made to ensure that your children and the parent they live with are able to afford a suitable home – whilst also ensuring that the other parent can afford to move on.
- Fair division of your assets following separation
- Financial orders for children if you and the other parent were not married
- Transfer of tenancies
- Cases involving companies, partnerships or trusts
- Inherited wealth or wealth that was acquired before you got married
- Family property rights on insolvency
- Cases involving assets acquired with loans from your friends or family.
The team has experience and expertise of appearing in courts at all levels within the Family Court.
We also undertake and act for clients in cohabitee disputes. Several members of the team are qualified mediators.
For more details of our timescales and fee ranges please click here.