The Becket Chambers Civil Team acts regularly in all aspects of Civil Law, including fast track and multi-track cases from pre-issue, throughout proceedings to judgment and subsequent enforcement.
If you wish to bring a Civil case, or need to defend one, it is important to be aware that in a Civil Law case the burden of proof rests with the defendant – to demonstrate balance of probability.
We can act for you in all Civil Law matters requiring injunctions, in claims for damages, contractual disputes and matters involving costs law.
Members of our Civil Team have specific expertise in:
- Contract and Commercial disputes
- Employment Law – including cases involving dismissal and/or involving discrimination on any grounds
- Personal Injury
- Probate and Inheritance (Wills)
- Property – Landlord and Tenant – for all types of commercial and property
- Property and Land Law (including trusts, boundary disputes and rights of way)